Monday, September 19, 2011

Chequamegon 40….

 

ACD Surprise Cheq 40

Holy crap Dad!  You sure are going fast – just don’t blow up this time!!

Little did I do to heed the little man’s warning, -- or maybe it was his exclamation at Dallas Fowler cutting through on my water bottle hand off at OO, forcing me to come to a complete stop, wait for Kate to run the bottle back to me, then try to chase down going all out, the 15 rider strong “race train” I had been in the next 5 minutes.  Dallas, come on WTH was that about??

Anyways, results…

-- Start to OO checkpoint – 35th fastest time

--OO to Finish – 222nd fastest time

That spells out what happens when a big ‘ole bonk with 12 miles left to go in the race happens. 

Finishing position 130th… ouch.  I’d love to blame the broken ribs and those problems leading up the to race but to be honest they were a non factor. 

I had a great pre-ride Friday – the first decent ride all week.  The full suspension Gary Fisher SuperFly 100 29er worked out really well cushioning the ribs from bumping & vibrations of the course.  Weighing in at a svelte 23.72lbs for the Saturday morning fight – It completely changed my viewpoint that riding a hardtail bike was the only way to go in that race.

Alittle more race details in the days to come… in the meantime looking to finish healing up the ribs and jump on a ‘cross bike for the remainder of the year.

No comments: