Thursday, November 15, 2007

What? Two posts in one week!

Crazy....what am I doing having spare time to write some blogging comments. Now if I could only have the creative insight of Charlie Farrow..... ok, think Charlie, be Charlie... Charlie, Charlie... Hmm... nope, I no luck in passing the medium of Charlie today. I'll have to slide by on my own. We all read these blogs about bikes and cycling and the all that sort, but what does one do outside of the endless miles of training and races..... probably think about more biking and races.

Well, at least for me, if I can get my breaks in during a season I swear I'm ready to get going again and it's only been a month. Guess that Iceman just jazzed a guy up again. You know if it wasn't for all you skiers we could probably have some hard core biking year round -- ok, just kidding someday I'll understand the bliss of skiing.... but I haven't heard any invitations come my way as of yet.

If it wasn't for that Charlie F. tantalizing me on Monday with thoughts of doing the MN State CX race this weekend, I'd probably happily be doing my base miles and knowing none the better. Now it's an everyday wrestling match in my brain -- stay home and try to get rid of this 4th cold bug I've gotten since August or ignore my failing immune system just to see if I can have another bust out race like at the Iceman. It's 60/40 but I can't say which way at this time.

Outside of that all is good and life is never dull. If you have 4 dogs, 2 cats, 2 kids, one wife (thank god none of those number are in reverse order), and run your own business life is pretty full. Wouldn't want it any other way though.

Been busy trying to wrap up very late season yard and trail projects. If I wasn't in the investment ballgame I swear I'd be a landscape architect. I love doing projects like that, it's a like an artist in three dimensions with the world as your canvas.

But there's something good about winter setting in -- in door house projects finally get taken care of, there's hockey and ice skating with the kids to do, and the indoor volleyball leagues get started up again. Speaking of volleyball is probably not too normal of a cross training interest among endurance athletes but our (6x6) team started off the season Sunday night posting a 3-1 record against last years #2 team. We've got a pretty formidable team again this year having won the league championship 3 of the past 4 seasons and though we seem to lose one or two different players each year the replacements are as good or better. What I wasn't prepared for was how sore my shoulder and abs would be the next day, trying cranking away with hard spikes, alot of blocking and diving for balls and you might feel like SKJ after her Iceman mishap. Speaking of which she still made a pretty strong comeback. Check it out on You Tube if you like, someone posted a number of videos from this years Iceman.



Well, a second call from Kate about getting home for this awesome pizza she made for dinner, means I'd better get going.

Later

3 comments:

Charlie Farrow said...

Aaron...re: writer's block...try whiskey!!! Hey about 5 or 6 guyz are heading down on Saturday...go to www.mcf.net for details...
Charlie

Sara KJ, Scott KJ said...

Aaron - Hey I just read your post on my blog. Thanks for that. Nice to know people are reading. I have yet to find the You Tube video of the Iceman crash. It's next on my agenda.

Hey, give us a call or email when you want to come ride. There is snow here! I just need a 29er. I just sold mine. They are cheating to use in the wintertime. I have a Gary Fisher HiFi Delux for sale from my wors winnings. I want to get a Gary Fisher Superfly as then Scott may be able to race it.

Do you have our email? phone?

Boz said...

I've recently gotten back to biking and skiing, at first for health reasons, but then the competitive side just couldn't be repressed. If you give xc skiing a chance, you'll get hooked. I rode a nice temo ride yesterday in 20 degree weather, and after it felt like the old days of skiiing hard in very cold weather - just fabulous. It can be alot like mountain biking - minus the crash rash.

Boz
http://diabetictifosi.spaces.live.com/