Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Iceman Cometh - I'm IN!!!

Traverse City, MI - here I come!

Unbelievably, I'm going to make it into the third leg of the Midwest's MTB racing Triple Crown, the ICEMAN -- on a whim last night, after I'd pretty much ruled out getting in after not scoring entry via the lottery system and not winning any Ebay entry transfers. I thought to drop the Iceman contact person a brief email, on the infinitesimal chance with just 5 days to go before the race, that perhaps I could gain entry. Low & behold the answer came back, due to an unfilled entry, in the affirmative!

All I got to say is ....Thank you Jesse Lalonde -- sorry for the broken shoulder, bud, and the fact you won't be able to race & use your entry -- I'll do my best serve as your impersonator,... that is without all the tatoos.... & I guess I'll be using multiple gears, derauillers, etc. & maybe even two different sized wheels. And the results... well, let's just wait til Saturday afternoon before any podium posing gets started.

No comments: