Friday, August 13, 2010

Sick? Doc. How can that be? I've got the Ore to Shore tomorrow!!

Ridiculous... how can on the eve of great race like Ore to Shore, can one not shake a stubborn fever & flu?
Last weekend, I started feeling out of sorts -- should have been able to tell by the symptoms (& the fact my kids had been sick earlier last week) that I had something coming on. Well, like normal flu's, one gets a pounding headache, body aches, fatigure and fever... just glad I wasn't tossing cookies. I start to feel better early this week convinced I'm going to shake it in time for the race, only to relapse Weds to right back where I started. Crazy thing is it's worse at night when I go to sleep. A fever comes on, my head starts to pound and it's several sleepless hours until I try & OD on Tylenol PM.

Friday's here & it much the same story, the chances of a miracle recovery in the next 12-16hrs.... let's not take on Vegas with these odds.

Plan is still to head over to Marquette, stand on the starting line and watch everyone else go by. Maybe a timely early mechanical will happen and I can play water boy the rest of the race. More likely I'll press on and dig myself into a hole so big I won't get out for the rest of the season.....

Cyclists... what a bunch a crazies.

No comments: