Monday, September 5, 2011

Good weekend, fast riding, oh.. & the ribs…..

On the way back home right now, after spending the past 2 days in Copper Harbor for their Fat Tire festival.  Just a quick stop in Calumet before heading home for some lunch & relaxed off road riding with the kids.  Could sure use it.  I was able to brush off how bad my ribs felt over the week, but riding at the Harbor didn’t feel like it exactly did me any favors.  Would like to be optimistic it’ll be better in 2 weeks for the Chequamegon 40…

Not sure if I was riding protectively or my ribs are hurting me worse than I think, but I ended up fighting the trail more than flowing with it and no matter how hard I tried pushing it my normal power just wasn’t there during the race.   Plans for a top 5 finish were scrapped and I had to work to stay in the top 10.. which didn’t exactly pan out either because with 5 miles to go my rear wheel valve stem progressively leaked air & took 15 minute to fix so I wound up 23rd on the day.   That’s kinda amazing in it’s own right that more racers didn’t pass and illustrates how hard the race really is. 

Still going to Copper Harbor is always a great getaway to relax & unwind.  More on the weekend when I get home.

No comments: