Sunday, December 4, 2011

Any check out the forecast for Midwest ‘Cross Championships….?

We all know weather can change in a heartbeat, but ever since Fri I’ve been checking the 10 day forecast for Madison, WI.  to see how to gauge what to expect for Badger Cross, Midwest ‘Cross Championship

image

Yeah!!  Don’t see this kinda stuff in Belgium, Germany & the Netherlands for ‘cross racing now do ya!

And they wanna host Nationals in January, a month later… thank you USA Cycling!  Guess the needs of 6 to 8 “pros”who race the world championship at the end of January in Europe outweigh the reasonableness of 600-800 “joes” racing. 

Honestly, though I say that,  it doesn’t bother me that they moved ‘Cross Nationals back a month.  (I’ve held my fitness thanks to good planning from Coach Gordy & I’d rather be doing short interval training when it’s that cold than starting long base miles).  But I think for a lot of people it was really a stretch to move from early December. 

Guess today is good day to practice adverse conditions & a different set of tires..

Cross bike snow Dec 11 -blog pic

No comments: